Let me just say that I have NEVER been so thankful for Grayson Andrew to have an ear infection! He has had tubes put into his ears on three dfifferent occasions, with the first time being when he was three months old (his 1st ear infection at 5 weeks old!) and the last time being this past January! But, today when I brought him to his pediatrician, I literally thanked God for an ear infection!
On Monday I noticed a swollen lymphnode at the base of his skull on the left side. It was frim, moveable, and non-tender, but it was also the size of a large marble. Needless to say, it scared me. The nurse in me knew it was probably nothing, but the momma in me went stupid! Whatever it is, it's always 'fatal' when it's your own child! so, trying to stay calm, I convince myself that it's a bug bite or infected hair folicle...and it will go away in a few days. If not, then we will head to the doctor's office.
Last night whenever I dropped the boys off to Me-Me I asked her to look at it. She immediately got that serious 'mom-face' and I knew I have to bring him to the doctor. I prayed and worried and worried and prayed all night (kinda a contradiction, dontcha think!) and called to make the appointment first thing this moring. I had convinced myself that I would make Dr. Browm draw up an entire panel of blood work ASAP and prove to me immediately that nothing was seriously wrong!
His appointment was at 10:40 and I have never be so glad to see Dr. Brown! She immediately said it was a swollen lymphnode and began looking for anything suspicious on the rest of his scalp. About three inches above the node he has a healing bug bite. She said that that could have something draining into the node. Then, praise God, she checked his ears. Thank God, he has an infection in his left ear!!! It's probably been there for a while for the lymphnode to be so swollena and dr. Brown said it could take one to two months to return to a normal size.
Bless Dr. Brown's heart, she assured me that had she found nothing indicating why the node could be swollen, she would indeed have drawn whatever panel necessary to ease my fears. She, like myself, admitted that as a doctor she believes that nothing would be seriously wrong, but as a momma on the other side of the table...she knows the fear. I wouldn't trade 'our' Dr. Brown for any pediatrician in the world!!!
Anyway...I was in tears praising God for my baby's health by the time I got to the car from leaving the office....and have thanked Him many times over today for all of our many blessings.
So, it's been a long, emotional day and I am passed 'pooped'! I just got up from a nap (being that I got off at 8am and haven't officially gone to bed yet!) and I am looking forward to a good nights sleep!
More later...
Thursday, November 20, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment