Well...it's Sunday evening and I have no idea where our weekend has gone! It seems like we have been on the run non-stop!
Friday, after school, the boys and I ran around doing our banking and grocery shopping. We took a trip to the Super HEB in Beaumont. It was fun 'driving' the shopping cart with the kids car and steering wheels on it. The boys really liked that part...and all of the pineapple samples. Friday night, Katie came and stayed the night and watched the boys for me while I went to work Saturday morning. After I got off from work Saturday, the boys and I went to Wal-Mart (they both got a new pair of tennis shoes!) and then came home just long enough to pack up an overnight bag and head out for Aggie's house. We ate cereal for dinner, followed by ice cream and popsicles for dessert. After watching 'Mr. Magorium's Wonder Emporium' we headed to bed (later than I had anticipated).
We got up early this morning to get dressed and pack our things before heading off to work. I was late...as usual...but I simply could NOT pass up the Starbucks Caramel Macchiato this morning! The boys tagged along to work with me today and I was really impressed with how good they were all day long. Hayden played with Hannah while Grayson helped me take care of Lauren. When we finished with work, we headed over to Me-Me's for gumbo and to play outside with Brendan and Paris.
Needless to say, we haven't stopped all weekend and have been home just long enough for the boys to shower and get a bite of dinner today. I am pooped and could really 'hit the sack' right now, and it's only 6:15. But, thank goodness, school clothes, lunches, and backpacks are already ready to go for tomorrow morning!
Tomorrow starts another week and I am already tired. I need to make pumpkin cupcakes for both of the boys class feasts this week. I have a meeting at the office tomorrow afternoon; the carpet man is coming Wednesday morning to clean these dirty carpets I keep complaining about; Hayden and Grayson both have Thanksgiving feasts on Wednesday; I have work Wednesday night (which means no sleep on Thursday because Grayson doesn't go to school on Thursdays); Thanksgiving lunch is Saturday at Mom's house; and Saturday afternoon Hayden has basketball tryouts. (After all of this, I am thanking God that me being a single mom is only a temporary thing, and here's a shout out to all of the single moms I know: you are in my prayers! God bless You!).
Anywho, we are doing great despite really missing Casey. The boys seems to be taking his absence in stride but really enjoy their phone conversations with him every evening. Casey hasn't posted on here yet, but he seemed to be having a really hard time on Friday with being away. It's an adjustment for all of us, but he is there alone and that makes me sad for him. Hopefully, the Motiva job in Beaumont will start sooner than expected and he will be able to come home sooner than originally scheduled.
Well, I guess I better finish up the laundry and relax a little bit before I get to start this race called LIFE all over again tomorrow! =)
More later.....
Sunday, November 16, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment