
Well, today we went over to Me-Me's house for an early Thanksgiving Day feast. The food was YUMMY! Believe me...I ate like I have not eaten in years! For two weeks I have hit the gym for at least an hour (45 minutes of cardio and usually 15-30 minutes of weights) and have not cheated on eating healthy (no fried foods, no sweets, no bread, and no soda) and today I blew it beyond all measures! AND IT WAS SO WORTH IT!!! Ham, dressing, green rice, candied yams, corn, green beans...oooooh! The hot rolls alone were enough to make your taste buds drip with desire! And Pippy's dessert is like eating a small piece of Heaven (I had TWO serving of it)! And, it just wouldn't be Thanksgiving without Nana's cornbread dressing (which momma makes now...we miss you Nana!); of course you have to have the cranberry sauce, too! As usual, Grayson blessed our meal with his sweet little prayer he says at each meal (sometimes we bless the food two or three times before we get finished eating!) =)
Besides stuffing ourselves silly, we have a really good time just sitting around talking and watching the boys play. They brought their Hulk gloves and Grayson brought his bike. Hayden brought his rip-stick and put us all to same over our lack of coodination and skill! The boys wrestled in the dirt and I helped Gray ride his bike in the yard. Everyone complained about how stuffed they were and Pippy even fell asleep in the swing on the back porch. It was a great family day, and we all have so much to be thankful for.
After hanging out at Me-Me's for a while we had to head back to town for Hayden's basketball try-outs. We had to wait in line for a while whenever we got there. Once it was his turn he had three different stations to pass through. First they measured how tall he was along with his vertical reach and jump, then he had to sprint from one side of the gym and back. Second, he had to dribble the ball through a series of cones. And, finally, he had to shoot three hoops (and he was NOT happy that he didn't make any of them!). All in all, I think he did VERY well...some boys, bless their little hearts, couldn't even dribble the ball!
Well, it's been a long day...and I am still full from lunch so I think I will 'hit the sack' and watch a movie before drifing off to 'never-never-land'!
(And...we miss you soooooooo much Daddy! We can't wait untill you come back home! We hope you like all of the updates and pictures we are putting up! And, we LOVE your updates...keep'm coming! WE LOVE YOU SO MUCH! Kisses and Hugs! XOXO!)
Here are some more pictures from Momma's house today.
More later....

Our 'silly-face' picture!

Peace, baby!

Ready, set...
Go!
Are you ready to rumble???
Future UFC fighters???
Hay's got skillz!
"Come on Darryl and Kindell...it's not that hard!"

No comments:
Post a Comment