Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Happy Turkey Day...a little bit early!

Today was Hayden's and Grayson's Thanksgiving Feasts at school. I stayed up last night baking, icing, and sprinkling four dozen pumpkin spice cupcakes to bring to each of their classes...and they were yummy! Each of the boys made their own Indian vest and headband...Gray's even had real feathers! Hayden also got to make a necklace out of yarn and dry penne, and Grayson made a turkey from a gardening glove.
Grayson's feast was first this morning and lots of parents nad grandparents showed up for it. Each of the different classes provided a particular dish. Grayson's class provided the desserts...my favorite! (But, I didn't eat any!) The tables were complete with place mats that the kiddos made and name cards for seating. Grayson's and his friends were Indians, but some of the other little ones were pilgrims. The all looked so cute, though!

Hayden's feast was at his regular lunch time...and boy was it mass chaos in the cafeteria! The kids were beyond excited to wear their 'Indian get-up'! They all looked adorable. I was suprised to see that no other parents from Hayden's class showed up. I believe there are a handful of babies in that class who do not have a very good home life at all. Just by looking at them and the way they react to a little TLC gives it away (along with several stories that one little boy has told me and a few things the teacher has said). It breaks my heart, and makes me wonder what these babies face in their everyday lives. It also really brings back the issue of adoption to my heart. There are so many babies that need a good, loving home...and I think (with lots of prayer and if we are truly led in that direction) Casey and I could provide that to another child.

So...on a lighter note...we had another great day today. This evening I will bring the boys to Me-Me's house because I have to go to work. They are really excited about spending the night with her on a school night!

Here are the pictures from the feast.
More later......

No comments: